Minutes -- July 11, 2016

Wimberley Merchants Association

Minutes July 11, 2016

Call to Order

Traci called the meeting to order at 6:15 p.m. Location – Cypress Creek Café

No Guests Present

Members Present

Mary Van Ostrand Queen Bee

Jeanne Ann Cope Seniors Craft Shop

Robin McCullough Wimberley Café

Shari Miller Rancho Deluxe

Tanya Kilgore Shop the Tree House

Jacque Mason Wall Street Western

Tammy Steen Taste Buds Market

Maridel Martinez Under One Roof

Traci Ferguson On A Branch

Kathy Utts Ply Yarn

Trish Uselton Cypress Creek Cafe


Minutes from last meeting were presented by Tammy.

Maridel motioned to accept minutes and Robin seconded.

Treasurer’s Report

Traci presented Treasurer’s report.

We need to do the donations checks from BBQ.

Jacque motioned to accept Treasurer’s report and Jeanne Ann seconded.

Old Business

Third Thursday Wimberley – We advertised in the newspaper and the Hays County Free Press. We will do the $30.00 vouchers again. Jacque and Shari will have food in front of their shops. Traci will email the sign up forms again so each merchant can print and cut out. Merchants can have music, but will be responsible for payment to musicians. If merchants are having anything special, they need to notify the WMA so it can be added to website. It was suggested we should try to get pictures of voucher winners so we can put on our website/facebook.

Shuttles seem to be catching on. We need better signs on them. All we see is KAPS. We need a color sign to fit over KAPS sign. Maybe also try to put a sign in the windshield that says shuttle. We agreed to green signs with black print for shuttle signs on the buses. Jacque motioned to add signage to shuttle bus and Tanya seconded.

It would be nice to add map of shuttle stops and the hours it runs to the shuttle signs that are set around town.

New Business

Winter’s Eve – discussed committees/volunteers

Maridel – Christmas Cash

Robin – Santa and raffle tickets/items. Also, sponsorships/donations she has handled in the past

Jacque – music and food

Shari – logistics/letters to city, constables, etc.

Melissa – sponsorships

Advertising – Maybe Bob Cooke??

Decorating contest – Kathy Utts

We discussed maybe having stages set up such as, HEB stage, Capitol Wright stage, etc.

DMO – Traci presented the WVTLA proposal/concept for a Direct/Destination Marketing Organization to promote Wimberley tourism. The Organization would be independent of any current associations. HOT funds would be used for this. The current Visitor Center does not meet the requirements to apply for HOT funds. Albert Valera was asking for a letter of support of the DMO from the WMA. Deadline to apply for the HOT funds is July 31. Jacque motioned for DMO without any monetary contributions from WMA. Tanya seconded. We voted as the WMA to support the DMO and will provide the letter. We had 1 vote against.

Adjournment –

We adjourned at 7:40 pm.

Respectfully submitted,

Tammy Steen, Recording Secretary


Featured Posts
Posts Are Coming Soon
Stay tuned...
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
  • w-facebook

© 2020 Wimberley Merchants Association.